What is Viscotears Liquid Gel and how does it work?
Viscotears Gel is an over-the-counter medication specifically designed to alleviate dry, itchy, or burning eyes. Viscotears Gel contains Carbomer which creates a transparent, lubricating, and moistening film on the eye’s surface, helping to hydrate the eye and reduce irritation.
How do I use Viscotears Liquid Gel?
Please follow the instructions provided in the Viscotears Liquid Gel packaging, but for general guidelines see below:
- Wash your hands before use.
- Gently pull your lower eyelid down and apply 1 drop of gel along the gap between the eye and eyelid.
- Close your eye and gently blink a few times.
- Repeat this process for the other eye, if also affected.
- This process should be repeated 3 or 4 times per day.
Is Viscotears Liquid Gel suitable for me?
Viscotears Liquid Gel is suitable for adults and children under medical supervision only. You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product. Please consult your doctor before administering to children. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding discuss whether you should use Viscotears liquid gel with your doctor. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients or have an eye infection, do not use this gel.