What is Hylo-Night Ointment and how does it work?
Hylo-Night Ointment is an over-the-counter medication specifically designed to alleviate dry, itchy, or burning eyes. Hylo-Night is a soft ointment that uses Vitamin A to help repair the tear film and protects the surface of the eye.
How do I use Hylo-Night Ointment?
Please follow the instructions provided in the Hylo-Night Ointment packaging, but for general guidelines see below:
- Wash your hands before use.
- Gently pull your lower eyelid down and apply a strip of ointment along the gap between the eye and eyelid.
- Close your eye and gently blink a few times.
- Repeat this process for the other eye, if also affected.
- For best results, use this ointment once daily before going to bed.
Is Hylo-Night Ointment suitable for me?
Hylo-Night Ointment is preservative and phosphate-free so is suitable for most adults and children. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients or have an eye infection, do not use this ointment.