What are Hypromellose eye drops and how do they work?
Hypromellose drops are an over-the-counter medication specifically designed to alleviate the symptoms of dry eyes.
The Hypromellose in the drops acts as an ‘artificial tear’ providing an immediate solution to dry, itchy, and sore eyes. Hypromellose is perfect for those with hard contact lenses, artificial eyes, as well as those suffering from general dry eye symptoms.
How do I use Hypromellose?
Please follow the instructions provided in the Hypromellose drops packaging, but for general guidelines see below:
- Wash your hands before use.
- Tilt your head back, hold your eyelid open with one hand whilst using the other to squeeze a couple of drops into the eye.
- Close the eye for 1 minute to allow the drop to spread over the eye.
- Repeat this process for the other eye, if also affected.
- For best results, use these drops 2-3 times per day.
Is Hypromellose suitable for me?
Hypromellose is suitable for adults and children. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, wear soft contact lenses, or have an eye infection, do not use these drops