What is Anusol Ointment and how does it work?
Anusol is an ointment specifically designed to alleviate any pain and discomfort caused by anal conditions, including haemorrhoids (or piles). This ointment is oil-based meaning it greasiness is often more effective than water-based creams at reducing itchy and dry skin. This ointment also helps reduce swelling, prevents any spreading, and promotes healing.
How do I apply Anusol Ointment?
This ointment should be applied to the affected area at night, in the morning, and after every bowel movement until the lumps have disappeared. Anusol ointment has a vanishing base formulation that is rapidly absorbed and avoids staining underwear. It may be used with suppositories to ease insertion.
- Thoroughly clean and dry the affected area before applying cream.
- Wash hands before and after applying the cream.
- Gently apply a layer of the cream all over the affected area.
- For internal conditions, using the rectal nozzle provided to insert into the bottom (rectum).
- Always ensure you thoroughly wash the nozzle after each use.
Is Anusol Ointment suitable for me?
Anusol ointment is suitable for adults aged 18 years and over. It is not recommended for children. If you have rectal bleeding then you should speak with your doctor before applying the ointment, as this could be a sign of a more serious health issue. If symptoms persist consult your doctor. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your doctor.