What is Curanail 5% w/v Medicated Nail Lacquer?
Curanail is an antifungal nail lacquer (or gel) used to treat toenail and fingernail infections. It contains amorolfine hydrochloride which is effective in treating many types of fungal infection. Curanail is clinically proven to penetrate the nail, kill the nail fungus, and prevent the infection from spreading.
How does Curanail 5% w/v Medicated Nail Lacquer work?
The amorolfine hydrochloride in the Curanail gel works by preventing the fungus from reproducing, stopping further growth, and spread of the fungus to your other nails. This gel is useful in treating mild infections on 1 or 2 toes or fingernails. If you have a more severe infection and/or infection affects more than 2 toes, speak with your pharmacist or doctor.
How do I apply Curanail 5% w/v Medicated Nail Lacquer?
Always follow the application guidelines found in the medication packaging.
- Gently file the affected nail down as much as possible before application.
- Thoroughly clean the nail using a swab to remove any dirt or grease.
- Using the applicator provided, coat the infected nail with the lacquer being sure to cover the entire nail.
- Leave the lacquer to dry for 3-5 minutes.
- Follow this procedure once or twice weekly until the infection disappears.
How long does it take to work?
Treatment usually takes about 6 months for finger nails and 9 to 12 months for toe nails. Treatment should be checked every 3 months to ensure improvement. If the infection is the same or worse then talk to your pharmacist or doctor. A course of antibiotics may be required. Continue treatment until the infection has cleared up and healthy nails have grown back.
Is Curanail 5% w/v Medicated Nail Lacquer suitable for me?
This lacquer is suitable for adults and children over 18 years. Do not use curanail and speak to your doctor or pharmacist if:
- you are allergic to amorolfine or any of the other ingredients in this medicine
- your nail is moderately or severely damaged or infected
- you are pregnant, might become pregnant or are breast-feeding
- you have poor blood circulation in your hands or feet
- you have pain or swelling around the nail
- you have more than 2 infected nails
- you have a weak immune system
- you are under the age of 18
- you have diabetes