What is Amorolfine?
Amorolfine is an antifungal nail lacquer (or gel) used to treat toenail and fingernail infections. This gel contains amorolfine hydrochloride which is effective in treating many types of fungal infection.
How does Amorolfine work?
The amorolfine hydrochloride in the Amorolfine lacquer works by preventing the fungus from reproducing, stopping further growth, and spread of the fungus to your other nails.
How do I apply Amorolfine?
Always follow the application guidelines found in the medication packaging.
- Gently file the affected nail down as much as possible before application.
- Thoroughly clean the nail using a swab to remove any dirt or grease.
- Using the applicator provided, coat the infected nail with the lacquer being sure to cover the entire nail.
- Leave the lacquer to dry for 3-5 minutes.
- Follow this procedure once or twice weekly until the infection disappears.
How long does it take to work?
Fingernail infections can take up to months to fully treat, while toenail infections can last up to a year. If you do not see an improvement after 3 months of using Amorolfine, speak to your doctor. A course of antibiotics may be required.
Is Amorolfine suitable for me?
This lacquer is suitable for adults and children over 18 years. Do not use curanail and speak to your doctor or pharmacist if:
- you are allergic to amorolfine or any of the other ingredients in this medicine
- your nail is moderately or severely damaged or infected
- you are pregnant, might become pregnant or are breast-feeding
- you have poor blood circulation in your hands or feet
- you have pain or swelling around the nail
- you have more than 2 infected nails
- you have a weak immune system
- you are under the age of 18
- you have diabetes